Top 5 Travel Destinations For 2018
With 2018 approaching fast, it is time to start planning for new things, setting newer goals and objectives and of course, enriching your travel bucket. The craze for travelling and exploring unseen, offbeat places has been rising and if you are a passionate traveller and a nomad inside, you must start planning some amazing trips in the coming year.
So, here is a list of the top 5 new and remarkable travel destinations that are worth paying a visit in 2018.
1. Alaska, USA – For any traveller with an urge for adventure, Alaska is a must-visit place, offering a combination of so many things together. The best time to visit Alaska is during the summer when you cannot just behold but also have fun in the lap of the snow-laden mountains. Also, you can spot grizzles, bald eagles, humpback whales and glacier-studded fjords, each of which can leave you awestruck at their beauty.
Unlike before, the place has become much more accessible today because of the increased flight links to the North American and European cities. Small and big cruise companies are also introducing larger ships and expanding the capacity to help more travellers reach this dream-like destination.
2. The Kii Peninsula, Japan – The number of travellers to Japan has increased since the last few years and the Kii Peninsula is certainly one of Japan’s major attractions that are a must-visit in your lifetime. The Peninsula dips down into the Pacific Ocean and has some excellent Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples.
The place, which is rather far from the maddening crowd and pretty hassle-free, promises a blend of sublime, traditional culture and modern convenience. The Kii Peninsula should be one among the top places in your 2018 travel bucket.
3. Lahaul & Spiti in India – The massive and enigmatic Himalayan range in India brings several hill stations and rugged mountain areas for travellers but Lahaul and Spiti stands out among all of them. These valleys run east and west from Keylong and the ochre badlands of Spiti is said to be the home to some of the rarely visited Buddhist Temples with signs of spectacular art and architecture.
For all adventure seekers out there, Lahaul has a back route to Kashmir, which is considered to be one of the most dangerous roads in the world. The entire place is breathtakingly beautiful and lacks the hype that Ladakh enjoys.
4. The Aeolian Islands in Italy – For travellers looking for a place to relax and simply soak in the beauty of the scenery around, the Aeolian Islands with their seven sisters is paradise in the true sense. The geology that shapes them peculiarly is also what makes them so sublime.
You will find some amazing seascapes, volcanic slopes, black-sand beaches and of course, some of the best coastal walks and drives in the whole of Europe. Visit the Aeolian Islands in 2018 before it starts luring more visitors and getting crowded thereby.
5. The Julian Alps in Slovenia – Overlooked for a long time and opening up for visitors only recently, the Julian Alps can offer you with a blissful time by virtue of its natural appeal. More than 2/3rd of the region is protected by the Triglav National Park mandate, which has been a major reason behind the slow improvement of the infrastructure and somewhat curbed development along the summits.
Recently, a few local run operators are setting up homestays in stylish shepherd digs for travellers to stay in comfort.
Book your tickets to these wondrous places and get set with your backpack to create memories in the New Year 2018.