5 Best Workouts For Hard Abs
We all want to look and feel our best, and this is something we must work for. Most people will tell you that their ideal body includes flat abs, or even a six pack. But how do they obtain this perfect body? The answer is quite simple: by working out and eating healthy.
In this article, we will talk about the 5 best workouts for those rock hard abs you’ve always wanted. If you maintain a healthy diet and do these exercises regularly, it won’t be long before you will start to notice the changes in your body.
This popular and easy exercise is sure to work out your core and obliques, sculpting and shaping them. Although it looks simple enough, it is a very good workout and will leave your abs feeling the burn.
Here is how to do it:
● Begin in a basic crunch position.
● Extend one leg and bring the opposite knee up towards your chest
● At the same time, twist your torso to bring your opposite elbow towards your bent knee.
● Alternate legs and elbows while keeping your shoulders lifted off the ground.
When doing flutter kicks, your whole core is engaged, including your lower abdomen which can be difficult to work out sometimes. This is a great exercise for that stubborn lower belly pooch that some of us have.
Follow these simple steps and watch that belly pooch disappear in no time:
● Begin lying flat on your back with your hands behind your head.
● Lift both legs just a couple of inches off the ground.
● Then, raise one leg high into the air while keeping the other one extended out in front, but off of the ground.
● Alternate legs, but do not let them touch the ground when you bring one down.
This exercise really packs a punch. It will get those abs working hard and you will definitely feel them the next day (in a good way). This is another great workout for your lower abs, as well as your lower back muscles, your obliques, and your entire core. Some people use a medicine ball or a weight with this exercise also.
In order to do this exercise:
● Start in a lying position with your arms extended over your head.
● Lift your legs and your upper body, forming a V with your body and reaching your hands towards your toes.
● Lie back down and repeat the amount of reps you are going to do.
This variation of the plank is sure to sculpt and tone your entire core. It is not an easy workout, but it is a prime choice, especially if your problem areas are your obliques. This workout targets that area, while strengthening and toning your entire core.
Here is how to execute it:
● Begin in a plank position with your arms extended directly below your shoulders, ensuring that your body is in a straight line.
● Lift one leg out to the side and bend the knee, bringing it up towards the elbow on the same side.
● Return the leg to its starting position and repeat on the other side, alternating legs as you go.
Yet another modification to the original plank, this is a great full-body workout. Not only will your abs be working, but so will the rest of your body. It is a simple exercise that will give you the results you want if done regularly.
To do this work out:
● Begin in a plank position (elbow plank or extended arm plank).
● Hop your legs up slightly and open them almost as if doing a jumping jack.
● Repeat this motion, but this time closing your legs.
● Continue to open and close your legs while maintaining the plank position.
By doing these 5 workouts consistently and maintaining a healthy diet, you are sure to get the results you want and the hard abs that you are working for. Never overexert yourself, and be sure to keep within your abilities when doing exercise. And the most important thing is to have fun with it!